• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Leftie flip……. Ideas!

Ashley Armstrong

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey guys and Gals……
Seems we’re finally getting somewhere with left handed guitars coming over to the dark “upside down” side! Shame we get limited colours…. but hey! can’t complain!
Here’s one for you all… I’m looking at buying a new guitar. I’m currently playing through a Schecter Blackjack SLS, which is awesome – but I’m looking at diversifying. I’m not overly sold on Fenders, my first guitar was one and supposedly you can get a much better guitar than a Gibson Les Paul for the value we pay as lefties (£800+ for a standard….)
What you guys play and swear by? with just the one electric, I’m looking at exploring new sounds!
Thanks in advance!!!

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
PRS bruh- https://syngates.com/riffs/guthrie-govan-country-road-solo/
I love my PRS. I DO want to switch it up though as ALL of my guitars have had mahogany bodies and necks. My next guitar will probably be a Suhr Modern Pro. The pickups are phenominal and super versatile, the wood choices andconstruction are very well thought out. Its one of the best guitars in my opintion. Im also kinda sold on the Standberg Boden prog model, which may be a little weird for some people. Those arent the best sounding guitars out of everything I want, although I DO like their tone. They are just some of the most FUNCTIONAL guitars around. Check them out!

Ashley Armstrong

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’ve never used an Ibanez, great idea. I’ll have to check out what we get in our local guitar store! quick check – seem a hell of a lot more reasonable than other lefties.
Had absolutely no idea strandbergs did a leftie! that’s blew my mind! heavy price tag though. only issue with that one! Played a PRS the other week, liked it, but it didn’t “fit” with me. not really sure why, looks beautiful, played well, just didn’t really convince me. Can’t put my finger on quite why though!