• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

My Journey with 'Buried Alive' – an Improvement Video

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    While waiting on Jak’s improvement challenge results I thought I make my own one with a song that is really important to me.
    Buried Alive Improvement over three years

Since I started out playing guitar I was eager to learn Buried Alive. After about a year I gave it a try and this was my first result caught on camera. I was missing the bass notes but was happy I could play it.
    Looking at a cover on youtube with tabs in the download link I thought I could improve. You can see a huge difference between my take in 2016 and 2017. Though I was not aware of the right speed and rhythm. This clip was made shortly after the school launched, but it shows the way I played it in 2017.
    By now I know how to play the intro correctly thanks to this community and even more Jak with her awesome tutorial. You guys kept me motivated and so I worked on the intro even more. This is the result.
    Any feedback is highly appreciated. I know my journey is not over yet, so tell me what I should work on and what you think 🙂

Rod Azeite

Free Bird Player
    Nov 11, 2019
    I’ve followed pretty much the same journey as you but I started a bit later. I’ve learned the entire intro front to back in terms of notes and finger positions but I wish my playing had improved as much as yours!

Synner Endless Summer Collection
    J

Jak Angelescu

I am literally screeching right now with happiness! You’re not even the same guitarist that you used to be in 2016! There is so much that you have improved on, from your technique, your dynamics, the control of your fingers and your finger positioning and so much more! I am literally ecstatic right now listening to this and watching it! Those other people that I was waiting on for the improvement video, they haven’t wrote me back yet. Some I’m gonna go ahead and work on it and get it all put together for everyone. Dominik this was so amazing to see! Thank you for sharing it with us!
    Would you mind if I shared this on my Instagram?

Synner Endless Summer Collection