• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New Album

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
Check out this song again.
You got to admit though, Syn's solo on Seize the Day is pure heartbreak emotion! You got to have the ballads with the heavy! If its just the heavy then the heavy loses the heavy!

I love variety on an album.you cant have the listener skip songs. When you have a bunch of same tempo songs.. people skip them. Nice to add vibe and then change it up to keep them alert.mind you they dont have to be slow ballads. Just a change in pace would be enough.

A7x is great at mixing their albums.the second half trends to slow down but they always explode before its all done with.

Reactions: Edward John

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
I love variety on an album.you cant have the listener skip songs. When you have a bunch of same tempo songs.. people skip them. Nice to add vibe and then change it up to keep them alert.mind you they dont have to be slow ballads. Just a change in pace would be enough.

A7x is great at mixing their albums.the second half trends to slow down but they always explode before its all done with.
My problem with the last few A7X albums is exactly that, slowing down in the 2nd half.

The 2nd half is usually good for experimentation, but when there are too many slow songs, it drags the album down imo.

That's why I like Waking the Fallen and City of Evil the best, they never slow down even if there are more experimental moments on the last few tracks. I hope they do it like that on the new one again.

Last edited:
Synner Endless Summer Collection

Edward John

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
UK
My problem with the last few A7X problems is exactly that, slowing down in the 2nd half.

The 2nd half is usually good for experimentation, but when there are too many slow songs, it drags the album down imo.

That's why I like Waking the Fallen and City of Evil the best, they never slow down even if there are more experimental moments on the last few tracks. I hope they do it like that on the new one again.
I thought the title song Hail to the King was good, but the rest of that album is not very good.

Rute Rodrigues

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Portugal
    The best thing about them is that they always sound diferent in every album, and they always do like every album is from diferent bands. For example, a person that don't know the band would never be able to say that for example Waking the Falle is from the same band as The Stage, you know? So it's impossible to say how the next record will sound, but I know it will be amazing!

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    The best thing about them is that they always sound diferent in every album, and they always do like every album is from diferent bands. For example, a person that don't know the band would never be able to say that for example Waking the Falle is from the same band as The Stage, you know? So it's impossible to say how the next record will sound, but I know it will be amazing!
    That's very true. And that is especially why I'm always intriguied what direction they'll take, even if it ends up something I'm not a big fan of (which hopefully won't happen, but anything's possible).

But let's try to put ourselves in their shoes. What direction would you take in after making a prog-oriented, conceptual album? I would try to make a bridge between that album and some of the older material by including some prog elements from The Stage and some thrash, more aggressive elements from the earlier records.

That way you are still making a different album, but fans from both camps can get into it and it makes sense within the canon of band's discography.

Sabine Heimans

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Netherlands
    instagram.com
    What I love about A7X is that all their albums sound a little different. They continue to grow and explore and don't shy away from anything. For that reason, I haven't got a clue what to expect and I kinda like it that way. I am positive that it will be a great record!

Let's just hope they do a proper release this time, eh? :LOL:

Reactions: Ed Seith

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
    Staff member
    Legend+
    Fucking Legend
    Nov 11, 2019
    I honestly make it a point NOT to talk to Syn about A7X business. We have enough to talk about with the school and our personal lives. I will say this - A7X has done a stellar job at always sounding like A7X while never repeating themselves. I'm confident their next album will push boundaries and expectations just as their last album did. I have no idea what it sounds like or when it's coming.
    So, in this regard, I'm a fan just like you guys. I can't wait to hear the new stuff.
    They never disappoint.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    I honestly make it a point NOT to talk to Syn about A7X business. We have enough to talk about with the school and our personal lives. I will say this - A7X has done a stellar job at always sounding like A7X while never repeating themselves. I'm confident their next album will push boundaries and expectations just as their last album did. I have no idea what it sounds like or when it's coming.
    So, in this regard, I'm a fan just like you guys. I can't wait to hear the new stuff.
    They never disappoint.
    That's actually pretty cool. You give him and the band the freedom they need to make something genuine and of their own.

But with that being said, I hope you make an appearance in a solo or two, it's a tradition at this point. 👌

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    They never disappoint.

It's not an A7X album if Papa doesn't rip a killer outro somewhere.
    I just hope they are comfortable delivering something in time for a summer tour, but whatever will be will be. I still can't believe The Stage is 3 already.

Edward John

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    They never disappoint.
    I hope you get to play a solo!