• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Palm muting

Little Laguna05

Free Bird Player
Feb 16, 2023
Okay so I have a Laguna ….LE 50 and trying to palm mute is like a BEACH I’m either muting too much or not muting at all, and I can’t figure out how to have a decent medium because even if I do get a decent muting I can’t really play on the bridge pick up because my hand can’t bend that far.

PLEASE HELP

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Two things matter for palm muting. Pressure and placement. Placement, you just move forward or back from the spot where the string hits the saddle. Pressure is pressure.

Not sure what you mean by "can't bend that far" to "play on the bridge pickup?" Pickup choice is entirely independent of where the pick hits the string. most picking occurs between a bridge and neck pickup, regardless, so please explain?

Upvote 0

Little Laguna05

Free Bird Player
    Feb 16, 2023
    Okay so I probably have it mixed up but like feel like if the notch is on the bridge pickup I strum over there and visa versa, but like I guess i don’t have to. BUT I struggle to play the intro to The Final Episode (let’s change the channel) by Asking Alexandria because when I am PM the

————————————
    ————————————
    ————————————
    ————————————
    0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
    0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
    That part I can’t do that with the bridge pickup for some reason it’s like— it’s very hard to explain but it’s easier to do that closer to the bridge…. But also the saddles are very weird it’s not like the courtez

Reactions: Xzavier471
    Upvote 0

Little Laguna05

Free Bird Player
    Feb 16, 2023
    image.jpg

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection