• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Recording advices

Billie M

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hi!
Do you guys have any advices on how to record a song (like voice + guitar)? I’ve been using GarageBand for a couple years now but whenever I record something it sounds like it has been recorded in a can of soup. I’m using the microphone of my computer which I know is probably not the best, but is there any software or hardware that could improve the sound quality?
I’m not looking for anything too sophisticated, just something simple and easy to use…and cheap.
Thank you!

Dale Burroughs

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I use a uphoria um2 preamp ($20) to record guitar,it also can record microphone if it has a XLR cable. The software i use as amp sim is Guitar Rig 5 ($200,or you can just find a free download on the internet), the recording software i use is audacity (free) and pro tools ($500,you can also try to find a free download somewhere). Hopefully this helped!

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Croatia
www.youtube.com
Computer mics are not very good if you want a good quality recording. If you want to have a good recording then i would recommend you getting an audio interface and a mic. Like Dale said, he uses uphoria um2 which is not that expensive. A good mic that can record vocals and guitar (acoustic) and that is not that expensive i think it would be Samson C01. Also getting a pop filter will really improve your vocal recordings