• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Selling your guitar to a store?

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Stores will..but most will try to low ball you..big chains usually give an in store discount on top of their offer. But try reverb.com they do take a percentage but it’s not huge..just depends on what it ends up selling for. Cool story…I put my 02 Tremonti PRS on reverb and the tour manager of Alter Bridge/Tremonti ended up buying it for Mark to use for his B-rig in Europe!! I was pumped and it made the pain of selling it a little less painful! Hah he said Mark said there’s something special about the 02/03 models of his signature

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    If you bought it new for $130 last year, you will not get more than maybe $40 for it. TOPS. You might get $75 if you try to sell it privately, but it will take longer and be more hassle.
    Anything you buy new will lose a significant part of it’s value the minute the return period is over. Selling to a store will always be trading money for convenience.

Synner Endless Summer Collection