• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hey guys! Looking for recommendations for a guitar

Sergey Kalashian

Free Bird Player
May 25, 2023
Hey guys,

I'm Sergey, 30 years old from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I learned guitar as a teen playing from tabs. Played acoustic and electric on an epiphone les paul(didn't like the form factor that much). Into 70-90s rock like GnR, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Queen, AC/DC, RAtM, Zeppelin. Obviously A7X, and also Disturbed.
I've decided to go back to the basics and re-learn the guitar and as a huge A7X fan found this school from one of Syn's interviews and decided to enroll. Currently, I own a spanish and acoustic guitars, but want to get into the electric guitar again. My budget is around 3k CAD(around 2.2k USD) and I need all the equipment pretty much: electric guitar, amp, anything else that you think I should get. Not into les pauls anymore :) The budget is flexible if you think I should add more and it's totally worth it.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This is what I would do. The Katana has tremendous value for the dollar and can give you a lot of fantastic tonal options.
    This Ibanez (or one like it) has a fixed bridge, so you can change from standard tuning to drop D (A7X-style) quickly, and Fishman Fluence pickups, which offer a wide variety of passive and semi-active pickup tones.

Jeremy Healey

Hot Topic Tourer
    Legend+
    Legend
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Newfoundland and Labrador
    Another solid option of Combo Amp is the EVH 5150 Iconic series. I use the 80w with 4x12 cab and get awesome tones from it.
    https://reverb.com/ca/item/51212443-evh-5150-iconic-series-40w-1x12-combo-black?bk=
    And a solid option guitar would be one of these! The Schecter Pasadena and Sunset Strip pickups are very versatile.
    https://www.lamusic.com/products/e-1-custom-vsb?_pos=2&_sid=fc585cabd&_ss=r

Before investing in anything though I highly recommend doing a bit of research to see if these suit your needs and preferences. There are endless amounts of review videos to watch on things, and these two options are ones that work well with me!

Synner Endless Summer Collection