• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Somebody please help me…

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Im not necesarily a theory wizard but ill gladly help you😅
Basically a tritone is an interval composer of three adjacent whole tones(from F to B above it for example). The tritone is also seen as an interval spanning 6 semitones. In the C major scale this tritone is F-B above the F an B-F above the B. Hope this helps (I did Google this btw, when you study you learn that Google is your best friend)

Ana Psuturi

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I always look at tritone as a tone 6 semitones or 3 tones up from the root note. For example if I’m playing E power chord from 7th fret tritone will be A# on the 8th fret 4th string. Same interval shape goes from all the notes, exception is second string. To build a tritone from G string let’s say A note ( G string second fret)tritone will be D# on B string 5th fret. hope this makes sense for you.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Haner Sr.

Papa
Staff member
Legend+
Fucking Legend
Nov 11, 2019
A tri-tone, obviously by it’s name is “three tones”. So 3 full steps up OR DOWN. It’s symmetrical. In terms of music theory, most people relate it to a scale. So it’s a b5 (or #4). If we take a C major scale: C D E F G A B – Our 5th note is G and we flat it. So Gb is the tritone of C.
An easy way to see it on the guitar is to play a power chord. Let’s say A. So you are playing an A on the 5th fret – 6th string, and an E on the 7th fret – 5th string. Drop your E a half step to Eb, (6th fret-5th string). A-Eb There’s your tri-tone.