• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Stopping unwanted pull-offs

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Does anyone have any tips on how to stop unwanted pull-offs? It’s very annoying when I take my finger off a fret to move to another string then I do an unwanted pull-off and I play a note I don’t want to play. Thanks!

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I sometimes have this problem too when I do two handed tapping with strig skipping. Usually I fix it in 2 different ways one is kind of palm muting strings you dont want to ring and the other is pressing as mentioned before by Jen by pressing as vertical possible. Hope this helps

Kevin Welton

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
It’s all to do with the direction you move your finger off the string, if you take it off at an angle you increase the chances of plucking the string! Practice lifting off the string then moving up or down to different strings at a slower speed until you get used to it! You could also try what i do, relax the finger so it comes off the string by itself instead of purposely lifting (bit weird at first but it also helps with keeping fingers close to the strings)

Synner Endless Summer Collection