• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

strumming

phatloots

Campfire Attention Holder
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah it's awkward at first, just take it slow. Do one stroke reset your position and repeat. the pick should be slightly slanted, you'll get the upstroke eventually and than the alternate will come easy. I use to do a lot of 1 strum once and clap the guitar for timing, it might work for you too. I hope this helps
thanks for the tip!

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    It’s definitely awkward as hell at first. Just take it slow. Try and get into the tick Tok pattern papa gates talks about. Doesn’t have to be fast and you can even start with just doing the motion with your strumming hand and not actually fretting any chords. Just keep it simple. Down, up, down up, etc

phatloots

Sep 12, 2020
    It’s definitely awkward as hell at first. Just take it slow. Try and get into the tick Tok pattern papa gates talks about. Doesn’t have to be fast and you can even start with just doing the motion with your strumming hand and not actually fretting any chords. Just keep it simple. Down, up, down up, etc
    i also have a question about these forum titles? where can i find them?

Reactions: Alicia Willis
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Alicia Willis

Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Lexington, South Carolina
    forums as mine went from newbie to free bird player, just curious to the tiers or how to change em
    Oh gotcha ! I’m not clear on that 100% either. But, from what I’ve gathered from the forum post by one of our admins/moderators, it’s a little tag based on our XP (I think lol) It’s a totally new thing. If you go to the forum section and click on trending that info is one of near the top. It’s by Alex.

Reactions: phatloots

phatloots

Sep 12, 2020
    ugh this whole time I was doing transitions from Em to G I was using pointer and index finger for Em lol. Time to correct that. Also going from Em to G is it easier to fret ring finger first then point and index? atleast when learning to transition.

Mike Creuzer

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    right I was just wondering if there was a list of all of them so you can what you can work for!
    Sure np

Subject to change :D (kept a few secret :D)

1601066739811.png

• Haha
    Reactions: Jacques
    Synner Endless Summer Collection