• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Time issue

Elton Breaux

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Between work , raising 4 kids and playing baseball i find myself struggling to find time now. Are their any excercises that i should focus on during busy times? I need to work on my left hand being more “agile” for lack of better terms and need to work on picking

Sven Barnitzki

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
Nov 11, 2019
Germany
A great left hand workout is pressing each finger on your thumb (like playing a chromatic scale). It helps to build up speed and coordination, and timing!
For having not enough time to do a 5hour guitar workout a day, it’s a great exercise. Having a similar problem.

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
Really when I find myself lacking time to really sit down and practice, I make sure that I’ve got at least 10 minutes to play a day. Anyone can find a spare 10 minutes on just about any given day and the most important thing about those 10 minutes is this: Play something you enjoy, and play something that challenges you. They can be one in the same. but if you only utilize those 10 minutes for a boring exercise, you could become bored with your practice time and come to dread it.

Billy Robertson

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I work and go to school so I have a hard time finding time to play but I make sure I pick it up every day. In a book I was reading by John petrucci its more beneficial to play ten minutes everyday then trying to jam for a couple hours once a week

Daniel Bernard

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Agreed with Billy, everybody can save 10-15 minutes a day easily. I think playing everyday would help for sure and playing stuff that is hard for you but not impossible (as of now) definitely is the best way to improve, at least for me.

Synner Endless Summer Collection