• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

TREMOL-NO ?

Nathan Saldana

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Hey Synyster Gates School Community, I was wondering if anyone out there has also installed a Tremol-No into their guitar? About a year ago I put one in after having Syn show me it and the cool things it could be used for, such as changing tunings and switching between hardtail to divebomb modes. But unfortunately I CANNOT put it in free float mode (normal tremelo mode) without it going completely out of tune. Has anyone else had this problem?
For now I just keep it in hardtail mode so I can switch from all different tunings, I am just not able to use the bar for divebombs and etc.
Thanks,
-Nathan S

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    I use the tremsetter, which is slightly different. It puts the floating bridge on a detente plane, kind of like the swinging door to the kitchen in a restaurant – it swings both ways, but always gravitates to the center position and has resistance (both ways) to hold it there.
    I find this offers me the best of both worlds with minimal compromise. I can still pull the trem up or push it down (though movement is a little harder), but I can also go from standard to drop-D quickly and bends and vibrato are closer in feel to a fixed bridge.
    The cons are that detuning still *slightly* throws out the tuning (a few cents, not much) and you can’t do “flutter” effects anymore. They’re easy to install, but difficult to install correctly. I have them installed on all of my floating bridges (two Ibanez Edge Floyds and a PRS Gen 3), and it makes them usable in gig settings because I can do that drop-D to standard change pretty much on the fly.
    I can’t use a De-Tuna, though, because they don’t make it for the PRS and the Ibanez are both recessed trems. Otherwise, I would.