• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Jamie London

GYNNER
Staff member
  • Nov 11, 2019
    California
    synner.com
    One of my favorite Beach Boys songs. Very different from some of the more well known stuff as it was originally supposed to be a song for Dennis Wilson’s second solo album. The band convinced him to make it a BB track and that was for the better as his second solo album never fully materialized so chances are it would have been lost otherwise.

His voice was pretty beaten up at this point from alcohol, cigarettes, and years of drug use but to be honest, it makes the song that much better. It’s an already emotionally deep track and the bit of roughness and tiredness in his voice compliments everything and adds even more depth. Forever my favorite Beach Boy and a brilliant talent that we lost far too soon.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    This was a local band in the late 80s where I'm from. They are a great example of how the music business can destroy good talent. We opened for them a couple times. In 87/88, they were getting courted by some major labels. A local label just starting out tempted them with a better offer and promises of, well, everything. They took the bait and signed with the local (Grudge Records). Shortly after the album came out, the label was bankrupt. Since AA was the only band really on it with real product, no one wanted to buy the label. Years in court ensued, and by the time they were free agents again, Nevermind had come out and no one wanted them - the momentum was gone. Their one shot at glory spent.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com

Oh how I wish I was born just wee bit earlier ! My girl Nancy kills it ! Her acoustic work is what I aspire to accomplish one day ! She is a GODESS ! 💕
    Nancy had one of the very first handbuilt prototype PRS guitars, made for her specifically by Paul himself. If that's not cred, I don't know what is. Nancy rocks.

• Wow
    Reactions: Alicia Willis