• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What are you currently listening to?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I listened to this song so many times. It's so heavy. I'm glad that Mick got to at least mix this song. I wish that he also had a chance to mix BFG 10k but it is what it is. Shit happens.

Love it!

But that whole Doom Eternal Soundtrack controversy is just bullshit. Mick could not record and mix all the tracks in time, so they used somebody else's mix for in game. Not that it would matter there. But his mix and the official soundtrack is still in the making and will come once done. Then they will release it digitaly and physicly, just like it was in 2016.
    What we hear from the in game soundtrack are only snippets anyway that can be triggered in different ways depending on how you play. The actual soundtrack will be a bit more coherrent and structured. Really can't wait for it! Probably the only game soundtrack I would actually bother buying (besides Doom 2016 and The Last of Us maybe)

Reactions: Filip Tomiša

Filip Tomiša

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Croatia
    www.youtube.com
    Love it!

But that whole Doom Eternal Soundtrack controversy is just bullshit. Mick could not record and mix all the tracks in time, so they used somebody else's mix for in game. Not that it would matter there. But his mix and the official soundtrack is still in the making and will come once done. Then they will release it digitaly and physicly, just like it was in 2016.
    What we hear from the in game soundtrack are only snippets anyway that can be triggered in different ways depending on how you play. The actual soundtrack will be a bit more coherrent and structured. Really can't wait for it! Probably the only game soundtrack I would actually bother buying (besides Doom 2016 and The Last of Us maybe)
    But are you sure that Mick will mix it? Because I read that he's not working with iD Software anymore so I'm not sure if he's allowed to mix it.

Filip Tomiša

Nov 11, 2019
    Croatia
    www.youtube.com
    He's putting all the soundtrack together to actually create the official soundtrack, so I am sure he will mix his stuff too.
    I don't know, I hope so. I read on instagram that he said that he most likely won't work with them and the Executive Producer for Doom Eternal said that they are not working with him on the new DLC

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I don't know, I hope so. I read on instagram that he said that he most likely won't work with them and the Executive Producer for Doom Eternal said that they are not working with him on the new DLC
    Yeah, Mick is now part of Doom. Without him something will be missing. But I mean, he has no deadline for the soundtrack now, so it would make no sense for him to take some mixes he is not happy with when putting the soundtrack together.

Either way, I personally don't believe it makes a big difference.

Reactions: Filip Tomiša

Filip Tomiša

Nov 11, 2019
    Croatia
    www.youtube.com
    Yeah, Mick is now part of Doom. Without him something will be missing. But I mean, he has no deadline for the soundtrack now, so it would make no sense for him to take some mixes he is not happy with when putting the soundtrack together.

Either way, I personally don't believe it makes a big difference.
    We'll see....

listen to this (this was mixed by mick):
    and now listen to this (this wasn't mixed by mick):
    There's much less bass in the second one and it's less dynamic. It's a killer song but it just doesn't have that true Mick Gordon feel to it.