• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What did gates use before Invaders?

Solution
He used Invaders always. Then the Synbuckers. The Detonators are just for the cheaper versions of his guitar because those pickups are Duncan designed which you can't get on the aftermarket.

Christopher Lonski

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Depends on the guitar, but it was usually just the stock pickups of the guitar. He used the Parker Fly with stock pickups early on. Earlier than that he used an Ibanez S series with stock pickups. On Waking the Fallen, I remember seeing him with a Schecter Devil, I believe, that had duncan designed pickups. Then on Warped Tour 2004 when they got their Schecter endorsement, he played a PT Blackjack with a JB in the bridge and 59 in the neck. When he recorded CIty of Evil it was mostly his white C-1 with a floyd rose and Invaders. It was basically all Invaders after that until he made his Synyster pickup. There was also one Christmas KROQ show, I believe, where he had to borrow a Schecter Hellraiser with EMG's.

Upvote 0