• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New to the community

GideonThompson_1

Campfire Attention Holder
Feb 5, 2024
Cordell
Hey everyone! I've been playing guitar for almost 7 years now, and I am 15 years old. I'm not entirely new here, as I have been learning for a month now, but I thought to finally post something on here. The reason I joined was because my biggest influence was Synyster Gates, but one problem. I had no clue how to play like him. Until I joined this community. Before I joined I had been stuck in a massive plateau not making much progress and being stuck, but that all changed when I joined. I learned more stuff in a week, such as harmonic minor with the modes, melodic minor, the blues scale, the major and minor modes, and more, but not only did I learn to play a style like syn and get better at his style, but it made me a better guitar player in general and more rounded. A couple of months ago I joined my high school jazz band not expecting much, but because the knowledge I learned here made it easier to understand how jazz works and how I can incorporate blues with my playing in the jazz band and at home. So thank you Synyster and Mr Gates. Sr for helping me become a way greater and better guitar player than I had ever imagined becoming.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Ali S.

Free Bird Player
  • Feb 21, 2024
    Maryland, USA
    Hey everyone! I've been playing guitar for almost 7 years now, and I am 15 years old. I'm not entirely new here, as I have been learning for a month now, but I thought to finally post something on here. The reason I joined was because my biggest influence was Synyster Gates, but one problem. I had no clue how to play like him. Until I joined this community. Before I joined I had been stuck in a massive plateau not making much progress and being stuck, but that all changed when I joined. I learned more stuff in a week, such as harmonic minor with the modes, melodic minor, the blues scale, the major and minor modes, and more, but not only did I learn to play a style like syn and get better at his style, but it made me a better guitar player in general and more rounded. A couple of months ago I joined my high school jazz band not expecting much, but because the knowledge I learned here made it easier to understand how jazz works and how I can incorporate blues with my playing in the jazz band and at home. So thank you Synyster and Mr Gates. Sr for helping me become a way greater and better guitar player than I had ever imagined becoming.
    Welcome!!