• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

What settings do you put your amp on?

Josh Lachapelle

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I use to scoop my Mids like I’m sure a lot of us have or still may do! Bad idea. That’ll drown your guitar severely in a mix. For that reason I keep my Mids just a tad past 12 O’Clock! I like to have a good mix of Highs & Lows for a chunky yet punchy sound! To be honest, if you ever seen a rig video of Zacky’s Amp settings, mine are close to that. Not exact, but close.
Gain I used to have CRANKED. But I learnt that more gain doesn’t always equal better sound. Too much gain will make your tone sound crappy. It’s a tough balance. A guy at a local music shop once advised me to dial back my gain when he seen how cranked it was xD He advised that a lot of the heavy sound comes from your technique and picking hand. He wasn’t telling me not to have a good amount of gain, but I had way too much. Mines now around 12-1 O’clock and even then I feel like it’s a tad much. Used to have it at like 4 O’clock (or from 1-10 it was at like 8.5-9)
Moral of the story: Find a good balance between your settings that gives you a tone YOU like, but remember that too much or too little of something isn’t always better. It takes a lot of tweaking and fooling around to find something good! If you’re gonna crank something to 11, Crank the volume! 😉

Synner Endless Summer Collection