• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Writing lyrics

Daniel Sobota

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Read books, be in the countryside if possible, experience different types of weathers (it’s interesting how differently influenced you can be while it’s raining and while it’s sunny). My lyrics are very much inspired by my surroundings and even surroundings I imagine myself to be in (cold and grim mountains of Norway, ahhh).
One more thing, a particular event that happens in every day life can trigger you to write lyrics. Those moments happen very spontaneously and it feels like a stream of consciousness. Don’t try to fit the lyrics in a box, write whatever you feel at the moment.
These are some of the subjects I write about: mysticism, mythology, current world events, philosophy, inner struggles, wisdom, nature. I could post some lyrics if y’all want to see them.

Billie M

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Try automatic writing. Basically put on some music if you want and just write. don’t think about it. It doesn’t need to make sense. and maybe you’ll find a line that you like and think sounds good and keep working on it. The worst thing about writing lyrics is the blank page.