• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Zacky's Red Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I'm in Europe, I'm kind of worried about the shipping costs and stuff. I saw a video of a guy buying a guitar for someone and he couldn't pick it up because of all the extra costs or something. Something with shipping out of the States, the shop owner here talked about a probable 45% increase in price (taxes+shipping) above the cost of the guitar. I really like silver but that red guitar attracts me. I'm ok with paying extra especially if he gets me it and safely.
My stepfather talked about a flight case, I will need one eventually. I hope he gives me an accurate estimate on the total price before I commit to the purchase, I totally understand he needs to profit as well.
Shipping is expensive for sure but if you add like btw(which is like 21% of purchase price I believe) which comes into play for products above €20 . Then you have products above €150 which get import taxes which is probably around 4% or so(I don't know in which category guitars are). First you calculate the import tax over the guitar+shipping and then you calculate the btw I've the Guitar+shipping+import tax and that's the prize the guitar will cost you in total.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    You wouldn't need a true flight case unless you were touring regularly. A standard hardshell case is more than enough for occasional travel. When I bought my Ormsby, it was shipped from Australia to Arizona in three days - hard to get much farther than that (almost exactly halfway around the world). There was never anything to worry about.

You should find out if your country has import tax or duty. That would be the only thing you might have to worry about.

Reactions: Grandroid828
    Status
    Not open for further replies.