• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

A question about my new string

Héctor Borges

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I just stretch the string and now it stays in tune! well now i believe i had to change the other strings, didn´t want to but they are relly old and sound more low than the new, but they all are in tune acording to my tunner! so i dont know if is a good idea to change them all ?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Cody Kennedy

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
strings tend to dull out over time, I usually change mine at least once a month, even if they havent broken. I would say its a good habit to get into changing all your strings at once, unless you cant afford strings all the time. Keeping your strings sounding bright is a part of the maintenance, so I would say go ahead and get used to it now. Changing strings isnt that bad if you turn it into a form of relaxation, put on some music and get some tea or coffee or something. Its also a good idea to clean your fretboard while your strings are already off, before you put the new ones on.