• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

advise with buying a guitar

Possessed Sinner

Free Bird Player
Apr 6, 2021
Czech Republic
Hi,
I am looking for some cheap good 8 string or 7 string tremolo guitar. I have one tip. It's SubZero Generation 8 Electric Guitar, 8-String, Jet Black. It doesn't look bad, I love these easy black styles. Well, 6000Kč is a standard price for regular "starting" guitars like Cort KX100, which I am using.

I want great heavy sound from the guitar, types of pickups don't matter, but I prefer at least double humbucker and single-coil or double humbucker like on my guitar.
If you have something interesting for me, please let me know. I want something with price 0Kč - 15000Kč (0USD - 700USD)

thanks.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    I have no experience with 7/8 String guitars but I know Schecter is famous for their mid-range 7,8 String Models. Maybe Look into those too.

Maybe not interesting for you but I recently got a new 6 String guitar, periphery Signature model and I Tell you this Thing is probably better than any Low Budget 7 String you find. Pickups do matter. So keep an eye out for which Pickups they use when looking for a guitar

Upvote 0

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    You can get a heavier sound with down tuning too.
    I saw someone recently selling a 7 string guitar, the person said he/she couldn't get used to the extra string and sold it like 300 Euros cheaper and was still new. It was really nice but I thought maybe I'll have the same problem. A cool pedal, amp or pickup like Dominik said could be good as well
    I heard 7 strings is best if you want more but I don't know why

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dominik Gräber
    Upvote 0

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    You can get a heavier sound with down tuning too.
    I saw someone recently selling a 7 string guitar, the person said he/she couldn't get used to the extra string and sold it like 300 Euros cheaper and was still new. It was really nice but I thought maybe I'll have the same problem. A cool pedal, amp or pickup like Dominik said could be good as well
    I heard 7 strings is best if you want more but I don't know why
    True. The guitar I got is in drop c, which really any 6 String can handle and If I want to go lower I use my drop pedal. Makes a 7 String obsolete for my purposes.
    But again, If you want to extremely downtune a 6 String you're gonna want Pickups that can handle it and still deliver clarity and attack

Upvote 0

Awex Came

Campfire Attention Holder
    May 23, 2021
    Hi,
    I am looking for some cheap good 8 string or 7 string tremolo guitar. I have one tip. It's SubZero Generation 8 Electric Guitar, 8-String, Jet Black. It doesn't look bad, I love these easy black styles. Well, 6000Kč is a standard price for regular "starting" guitars like Cort KX100, which I am using.

I want great heavy sound from the guitar, types of pickups don't matter, but I prefer at least double humbucker and single-coil or double humbucker like on my guitar.
    If you have something interesting for me, please let me know. I want something with price 0Kč - 15000Kč (0USD - 700USD)

thanks.
    The only 7 strings with tremolos in your price range I could find are the following:

I couldn't find any 8 strings with tremolos in that price range from a major retailer

I think your best bet is to get a used guitar from Schecter, Ibanez, Jackson, LTD, etc. as they specialize in what you're looking for. Also, do yourself a favor and check out the brands Legator and Agile. They're a bit lesser known but will be more budget friendly and they have a lot of 7 and 8 string options.

I want great heavy sound from the guitar, types of pickups don't matter
    This part kind of contradicts itself. Pickups directly play into how heavy you will sound. However, you can always change them out for something else. But your options are a bit more limited because you'll be using an extended range guitar

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dominik Gräber

Hot Topic Tourer
    Contest Winner!
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Saarland
    www.instagram.com
    @Dominik Gräber I think string tension becomes an issue when tuning really low, like after C. I read some guitars can do it, not sure why, maybe locking systems
    Of course you need thicker strings. But even with 10s drop C is usually managable. I use 10-52s for drop c. I don't tune lower, only digitally.

Reactions: William B.
    Upvote 0