• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

All caged shapes in one scale pattern.

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    As an addition to the Caged system I decided to finally write down all the chords in one scale shape. The idea isn't new to me, I always saw the chord shapes in the scale patterns but I haven't combined it with caged yet. I might do this with the other shapes as well. Maybe it's useful, maybe not with Caged, but it can't hurt to share 😅

20220316_155428.jpg

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Saphyra

New Student
    Dec 16, 2021
    France
    @Saphyra @William B.

No problem. I need to start using them myself too. They’re great for practicing arpeggios in a key/ chord progression.
    Everything is in G major btw because that’s the key I’m using for practice but you can easily change the root.
    For arpeggios and chord, I don't really have difficulties because I learnt it already on piano but it was more how I could use my hand better on guitar 😄

Reactions: Lindsey

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Was going to try and make my own, but for now I saved them. Got a lot of stuff I still need to sort, it's a not so favorite thing to do
    Once you get to it you might find other chord shapes in it too. I went with the first basic shapes but I'm sure there are more. Especially if you use inversions.

Reactions: William B.

William B.

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Once you get to it you might find other chord shapes in it too. I went with the first basic shapes but I'm sure there are more. Especially if you use inversions.
    Should probably work more on the D, D minor and Diminished chords more. Was the Diminished the 7th chord of any key?
    Got to redo the inversions lesson, I think I only did one and PG was just starting to get into it.

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I should probably work more on the D, D minor and Diminished chords more. Was that the 7th chord of any key?
    The 7th in a major key is Diminished. So in D major that's C#Dim.
    In minor the 7th chord is major. In Dminor the 7th chord is Cmajor

The major keys are always: Major, minor, minor, Major, Major, Minor, Diminished
    The minor keys are: Minor, Diminished, Major, Minor, Minor, Major, major

Reactions: William B.