• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Am I doing everything wrong?!

Riku Lainpelto

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Finland
Hello,

Now that I'm working on night shift for 12 hours, I've had some time to think. I'm born as a leftie but I play right handed. That's because my right hand is the stronger one, and I do everything with the right hand exept writing and eating. So playing right handed has always felt natural for me, BUT I just noticed (never even tested or thought about this) that my left hand fingers are slower and clumsier than right hand fingers even though I've played guitar for 2 years!

So maybe I should go to music store and test a leftie guitar and get one if it feels better 🤔

Just a word of thought.. Any lefties playing right handed here?

Ethan Keeling

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Aylesbury, England
I have mates who are right handed but play golf, hockey etc (ik not guitar but hear me out). Basically when you play guitar, golf etc with your right but do everything else with your left, it's because the way you see what your doing and how the brain interprets it, if that makes sense. Sure, you could give it a go, defo worth a try, but this could be a reason why you play right handed.

Reactions: Riku Lainpelto

Riku Lainpelto

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Finland
I have mates who are right handed but play golf, hockey etc (ik not guitar but hear me out). Basically when you play guitar, golf etc with your right but do everything else with your left, it's because the way you see what your doing and how the brain interprets it, if that makes sense. Sure, you could give it a go, defo worth a try, but this could be a reason why you play right handed.
Never thought about that 🤔

What if could learn faster to shred with a leftie? That's what im thinking, but then again, I'd basically have to relearn everything 😂

Synner Endless Summer Collection