• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Amp plugins that you recommend

nasankholin

Local Dive Bar Favorite
Nov 18, 2019
A Coruña, Spain
I'm eally liking Bias Fx. I can get my John mayer tones out of it and some really like high gain tones as well.

They do give some options for different packages, I personally went for the elite one so I have all of the amps they offer
Thanks man, I know the program and I saw that it's nice! I want to watch more, some Neural DSP recommendations etc owo

Donovan Etue

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Washington State
    I've had good experiences with ML Sound amp sims. The Amped Roots series is alright, I mostly use the 5150 EL34 and Dual Rect sims which have gotten me pretty good tones for not a whole lot of money. Although I do use the Two Notes Torpedo wall of sound cab sim program which allows for a lot of tweaking which I do adjust a bit. The ML Sounds ML800 is a great JCM 800 amp sim! I've really enjoyed using it for Hard Rock, some thrash, and the cleans are actually really good. The ML800 comes with 4 pedals. Delay, Reverb, Drive, and a Noise gate. They all work really well and I'd say if you don't have any other VST's the ML800 is a damn good solo unit. The additional cabs that come with it can get you a wide variety of tones surprisingly. The Amped Roots plug in I've found I like the sound of using separate effects plug ins with it for some reason. The drive doesn't mesh well with the amps to my ears anyway. I've two drive vst's I use for the most part. A tube screamer clone and a clone of a Mesa Boogie overdrive called the gridsmasher that I really like the sound of. The Ignite Emissary is well reviewed by quite a few people including guys like Glenn Fricker, Ola Englund, and Fluff. I don't personally care for it but I seem to be an outlier. You need to have an impulse response program to get the Emissary running properly but Ignite has the NadIR which is easy to use and comes with some good sounding IR's. I've heard great things about Bias FX and Neural DSP too. Can't seem to go wrong with them either. There are a few other amp sims I use occasionally but for the most part I'm using ML Sound Labs sims. They're rather nice people. I built a pc this summer since my laptop was getting ridiculously slow and it couldn't run practically anything I wanted other than Spotify and Chrome. Spotify would lag quite a bit too. Anyway when I was transferring files over I moved my VST's/Amp Sims over and noticed that my license didn't move over with Amped Roots which I paid 60 dollars for. I wasn't able to use the other amps. I sent them an email telling them about my situation and within 24 hours they responded and 24 hours later I was back to using my amps. No extra fees, no hassle, just easy to work with customer service! Anyway I hope this helps. Good luck!

nasankholin

Local Dive Bar Favorite
    Nov 18, 2019
    A Coruña, Spain
    I've had good experiences with ML Sound amp sims. The Amped Roots series is alright, I mostly use the 5150 EL34 and Dual Rect sims which have gotten me pretty good tones for not a whole lot of money. Although I do use the Two Notes Torpedo wall of sound cab sim program which allows for a lot of tweaking which I do adjust a bit. The ML Sounds ML800 is a great JCM 800 amp sim! I've really enjoyed using it for Hard Rock, some thrash, and the cleans are actually really good. The ML800 comes with 4 pedals. Delay, Reverb, Drive, and a Noise gate. They all work really well and I'd say if you don't have any other VST's the ML800 is a damn good solo unit. The additional cabs that come with it can get you a wide variety of tones surprisingly. The Amped Roots plug in I've found I like the sound of using separate effects plug ins with it for some reason. The drive doesn't mesh well with the amps to my ears anyway. I've two drive vst's I use for the most part. A tube screamer clone and a clone of a Mesa Boogie overdrive called the gridsmasher that I really like the sound of. The Ignite Emissary is well reviewed by quite a few people including guys like Glenn Fricker, Ola Englund, and Fluff. I don't personally care for it but I seem to be an outlier. You need to have an impulse response program to get the Emissary running properly but Ignite has the NadIR which is easy to use and comes with some good sounding IR's. I've heard great things about Bias FX and Neural DSP too. Can't seem to go wrong with them either. There are a few other amp sims I use occasionally but for the most part I'm using ML Sound Labs sims. They're rather nice people. I built a pc this summer since my laptop was getting ridiculously slow and it couldn't run practically anything I wanted other than Spotify and Chrome. Spotify would lag quite a bit too. Anyway when I was transferring files over I moved my VST's/Amp Sims over and noticed that my license didn't move over with Amped Roots which I paid 60 dollars for. I wasn't able to use the other amps. I sent them an email telling them about my situation and within 24 hours they responded and 24 hours later I was back to using my amps. No extra fees, no hassle, just easy to work with customer service! Anyway I hope this helps. Good luck!
    Thanks for your long answer man, I appreciate it <3

Reactions: Donovan Etue

Manvir B

Garage band Groupie
    Nov 11, 2019
    Kingston, England
    NaLex Ninja and Ignite emissary are my go to and they're both free. You can pair them with ML soundlabs free IR pack. If you can spend some money Neural DSP has some insane amp sims and you can trial them if you wanna test them out. Check out this video by keyan houshmand he has a bunch on amp sims

Last edited:
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Firsty Lasty

New Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Back when I relied on vst amps The Poulin series was the best choice. I would go something like this for plugins-

tuner
    reaper noise gate
    CharBooster to control volume
    amp vst
    ( optional: a power amp vst if needed and a small plugin before it to check levels between preamp vst and power amp vst )
    a small plugin to check levels between amp vst and IR loader
    Pulse IR Loader

There are two reasons I got in the habit of checking levels between plugins. #1 it makes experimenting easier 'cuz it helps you swap things in and out without causing a mess and #2 some software acts expects a certain input level

[DELETED]

Campfire Attention Holder
    Nov 11, 2019
    Get STL Tonehub. You get Axe Fx/Kemper quality tones for a fraction of the price. STL releases artist and producer packs for Axe Fx and Kemper, but you can now purchase those exact same packs and tones for the STL Tonehub plugin. Studio quality stuff right there

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Thanks man, I know the program and I saw that it's nice! I want to watch more, some Neural DSP recommendations etc owo
    I can make a short overview of the tones I have right now when I have the time. That's if you want that of course.

Sorry for the sloppy playing and it not being in sync but these are the tones I have at the moment

Last edited: