• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Any Helix users here?

Naeblis

Garage band Groupie
Apr 27, 2020
Dundee, UK
I do love mine and think it's a great bit of kit - tbh, I haven't dug into effects anywhere near as much as I should, but I use mine almost all the time for controlling my Variax Shuriken and changing tunings via one stomp. Use it in combination with Rocksmith 2014 and it's a game-changer...

Hehe, I also use my LT constantly as it's also the "sound card" in my PC so I can use it for music playback on my studio monitors ;)

Dustin Stevens

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Maine
    m.youtube.com
    Wow, there seems to be no love for the Helix in here, lol. I love mine. I really like the Line6 Elektrik, the Engl Fireball, and Revv Red channel. I also like the Fender verb and jazz chorus for cleans. I use IR's for my cabs, and that really takes it to the next level.
    I also really enjoy it. I use the the dual recto alot and the ubershall. For cleans i also use the jazz chorus but i also like the fender deluxe and the vox. Overall the unit can do so many things. Multiple istruments at once, automated midi changes, snapshots and the list goes on.

Dustin Stevens

• Nov 11, 2019
    Maine
    m.youtube.com
    I do love mine and think it's a great bit of kit - tbh, I haven't dug into effects anywhere near as much as I should, but I use mine almost all the time for controlling my Variax Shuriken and changing tunings via one stomp. Use it in combination with Rocksmith 2014 and it's a game-changer...

Hehe, I also use my LT constantly as it's also the "sound card" in my PC so I can use it for music playback on my studio monitors ;)
    Ive never tried it with rocksmith nor do i have a variex but i have thought about getting one. But you should try out the effects at some point. There are many things you can do with it

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Dustin Stevens

• Nov 11, 2019
    Maine
    m.youtube.com
    I had a PodHD500 and loved it, except for the cab models, but when it came time to upgrade, there was only one real choice - Fractal. I've no doubt the Helix is awesome.
    To me its all subjective. Im sure there are some people that would never give the helix the time of day because of the bad wrap line 6 got for the spider models but i get tones i like from it and to me thats all that matters. It fits my needs. At this point in the game the top tear modellers are pretty on par with each other and to say one is simply better then the other one is a little far fetched. They all have their strengths and a lot of it has to do with the user aswell. Im not trying to be a snob about it but if i had a chance to chpose between helix and fractal today id choose helix but not because i think its better but because ive already taken time to learn the helix and studied it and i habent had that time with the fractal. If at the time i bought the helix i had the option to choose between the two it would probably be a different story but to me all that time id have to spend learning the fractal i could be using to play guitar and im a pretty busy guy so time is limited.