• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Are Yamaha Pacifica's any good?

Ben Thorpe

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I’m relatively inexperienced when it comes to guitar and all the technicals. My Yamaha Pacifica is the only guitar I’ve ever owned. The only other guitar I’ve ever TOUCHED is a Telecaster. From a far more experienced player’s perspective, is this guitar good in your opinions?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    My main guitars are my 2015 PRS Custom 24, and my 90 and 91 Ibanez RG550 and 540R Custom – both bought new. I also have a 2010 Gibson Les Paul. I’ve had some outstanding instruments. For some time, I did have a Yamaha Pacifica Telecaster copy. It was a fine guitar that I enjoyed playing. It’s only real problem was that the body was so light versus the neck and headstock that it always felt like it was “trying to get away,” pulling itself down by the headstock. It just wasn’t balanced well.
    Aside from that quibble, it was a fine instrument. In the end, though, I traded it and a Fender Stratacoustic for a little bit towards a Martin acoustic.