• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Cakewalk

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    It’s VERY bloated and resource-intense. Everything I’ve heard about the current version, though, free, indicates it otherwise has not changed much. Reaper is still the better choice, and you can continue to use it, full version, for free until you’re ready to pay the entirely-too-cheap price of $60US for it. Steal of the century, really.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
    Staff member
    Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Honesty.
    It buys you a license to use the product you’ve already been using for 2 full versions, so if you bought now, you’d have Reaper 5 with all the updates, and Reaper 6 with all the updates, and then you’d need to buy again for version 7.
    If you’re wondering how long that is, I bought version 4 in 2012, and have still only paid for it once. The Evaluation version is not limited or crippled. They’re counting on people respecting their business model and appreciating their product, and wanting development to continue. I didn’t *have* to give them $60 to use it – I wanted to. It’s worth so much more than that, especially when you consider how much Pro-Tools and other pro-level DAWs cost.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    totally understand where you are coming from there. It’s like still buying cds over streaming on spotify.
    Gotta support our locals in any way we can.
    I dunno if I can do a full switch to reaper from audacity. Gotten so used to audacity, altho honestly I dont really use much of the effects, just used to the lay out more then anything. I think I have reaper downloaded, but getting used to new programs is a drag lol
    I agree tho that its a good deal regardless. I saw how much pro tools was, and with how complex it appeared to me, I definitely wasn’t gonna spend the time to learn that one alone.

Synner Endless Summer Collection