• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Chapman Guitars

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I think they’re great guitars! Amazing quality at a great price! Rob’s definitely doing it right! They’re a little difficult to get ahold of here in the states, but it’s doable! I’ve had my eye on the Chapman Ghostfret but I’ve got to wait just a little while or the fiancé will kill me. As I’ve already bought 2 new guitars in 2017 haha

Brian Oravetz

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I had the chance to pick up and play with one of the explorer shaped guitars that was on sale at Sam Ash (trade in); and it really really felt good! The quality of the construction was as good as any of the nicer Schecters and LTD’s; which shouldn’t come as a surprise since they are made in the same factory by the same people.
I made the mistake of not picking that Chapman up that day, because by the time I’d given it some thought and went back to the store; it was gone.
There are a few dealers here in the States that have a great selection of them now. They’re fairly easy to get a hold of.

Jen Hapke

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I have a Chapman ML1 Modern Midnight Sky for a few weeks now. I have to say it is my first electric guitar but I went to the Thomann store and tried guitars out for hours and decided to buy it. I compared it to many different guitars, Ibanez, Charvel, Vintage, Fender and so on. At last I had to decide between the Chapman and an Ibanez RGAIX6FM-TGF Iron Label I really liked, too.
I picked the Chapman because it is my first electric guitar and the Ibanez costs 250€ more then the Chapman.
Until now I am very lucky with the guitar.
Also I tried the ML3 Bea Rabea Massaad Baritone just for fun and this one was awesome, too.

Brian Oravetz

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Very cool Jen!
What did you like about the Chapman over Charvel’s? I missed out on getting a Chapman, after trying it, then going to get some lunch; when I came back it was gone. I’m a Charvel fan, so if it plays anything like that, or better, I’m in.

Jen Hapke

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
@brian oravetz
I liked the Charvel. But I guess the Chapman tone was a bit smoother. I don’t want to only play heavy sounds 🙂
The Charvel’s I tried were more expensive, too.
I payed 450 € for the Chapman and I can’t find anything i dislike.
Maybe my next guitar is going to be a Charvel 🙂
The day I bought it i tried different guitars form 9am to 5pm and there were many good guitars but the value for the money was so good in case of the Chapman.
Maybe you will have the luck to get a good Chapman someday, but there are so many awesome guitars out there. It is so much a question of taste.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Brian Oravetz

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
🙂
What a great problem to have! Right?!
I do believe it is a “first world problem”!
Maybe once I get a handle on the CAGED system, and secure a Gold Top Keisel(if I can get the specs on Papa Syn’s model…), the Chapman will be next.