• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Difference between studio and live tones?

Dustin Stevens

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Maine
    m.youtube.com
    So in the near future my band may go play some shows. Ive never really played out live and i was wondering how a live tone differs from a studio or "bedroom tone". I would be playing with a line 6 helix so i wouldnt have to worry about micing amps and that stuff but im just curious about what to expect.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I honestly never really worried bkut it that much. My bedroom is isn't that much smaller than the venues I played in and usually I use a different amp during the live show so I dial in a tone for the venue on the spot.

The only real advice I can give you is mind your reverb. Bigger rooms are more likely to have a natural reverb than small rooms besides that the tone works exactly.the same. Also don't out your treble up to much but try to have some mids so you can cut through the mix.