• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

do i need a noise gate pedal ?

aditya krishna

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
hey guys,
so I have an Ibanez guitar and every time I used to play with my guitar connected to the amp ( Roland micro cube ) I used to get a lot of feedback (buzz sound and other noises ) and could always hear all the other strings (which I wasn’t while playing) while playing a song. Also when I turn on distortion and increase the volume it sometimes gives a screeching sound at times and there are a lot of other noises which I can hear. I’ve checked my cable and it seems to be fine.
was wondering if its a hardware issue with my guitar or amp, or whether my pick up settings are wrong and they should be lower or whether it’s just that I need a noise gate guitar pedal.
also if I do need a noise gate pedal can you suggest a good quality one which is economical cause my monthly allowance isn’t very high so ya xD
thank you for helping

Josh Wright

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
It’s either your a cable or your guitar, cables can do that. If you need a cheap decent noise gate, go with Behringer. Behringer has good quality pedals that can stand up against top brands. The only thing is they aren’t built as sturdy.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I never used noise gates in my life but there are a couple of things that can solve the issue without getting one. Maybe you have your Gain really hI or there is a problem with the ground of the electricity. Another thing is if you hear strings your not playing g whe playig it might also be a muting thing.