• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Favorite guitarists – besides Syn Gates and Papa Gates

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Josh Bailey

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Ever since In Flame’s Battles came out I’ve been on a Bjorn kick. He’s got that Zakk Wylde wah soaked lead style but his riffs are slick and thoughtful. Matter of fact I’m holding his signature Les Paul right now browsing through here. Besides him it would have to be Joseph Milligan from Anberlin. I’ve loved them for years and their sound just comes naturally out of me when I write music.

Cody Sauser

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
syn is who originally got me playing but some guys i found afterwards who really inspired me where alot of guys on youtube like Rob Chapman, Rob Scallon, and Jared Dines. Ive also always looked up to more well known Guitarists like Zakk Wylde, James Hetfield, And David Gilmour.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Romain Tassan

Garage band Groupie
Nov 11, 2019
Lille, France
www.instagram.com
Jari Maenpaa who is the singer/compositor/lead guitarist for Wintersun. Well he doesn’t play guitar for the band anymore on stage but still compose guitar tracks (and basically everything else) for the albums. He’s absolutely insane at composing and he has incredible guitar skills technically speaking.
Then Steve Vai, Marty Friedman, Satriani, Buckethead, Petrucci. And some others.

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Mark Tremonti, Matt Heafy, Paul Gilbert (dude is so intensely in love with music and playing guitar without pretension that you can’t help but love him), Adrian Smith, Frankie and Tommie from Tesla, Keith Douglas from Tora Tora, Brad Paisley, Richie Sambora (check out the solo in “Dry County” to see why), Randy Rhoads, Criss Oliva (Savatage), Mark Holcomb and a mountain of others.
    So many people I wish I could play like… But every time I plug in, I just sound like me.