• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Finger roll help

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
It is a tricky thing to do! Lots of time and patience!! You could make yourself a little exercise where you start by isolating 2 strings and roll between them..then slowly work up to 3 and so on. I’d recommend too to check out “Sweep Picking 1 – Lesson 79” there’s some great exercises in there!

Billie M

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I don’t know if this might help. I don’t know anything about techniques so when I read your question I went on Youtube to hear what you were talking about and I think this is pretty similar to something I’ve been doing for a while. I’m really no expert.
I uploaded 2 videos in the community riffs couple days ago, one where I show a little trick where you can just improvise with all of your strumming hand’s fingers and the other where I put it into practice (it’s pretty much a better example than the first one but there’s only audio). From what I heard on youtube it sounds like the technique you’re trying to learn but I might be wrong, I didn’t even know it was a technique but I’ll leave it here anyway:
Riff #1
Riff #2