• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hearing Protection

Josh Bailey

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Before we started using in-ear monitors and went amp-less on stage I always always wore ear plugs. When I started gigging a lot more I had already developed tinnitus from shooting guns with my drummer one day. Any extra ringing and noise on top of that from playing music was baaaad. Go to walmart or wherever and get you some!

Dave Ward

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I always wear earplugs at jams, gigs and concerts. Even the cheapest kind at a music store is better than the foam ones you get at a hardware store because they let in the mids and high frequencies and sound much better while still cutting the decibel level to a safer volume. I also like to keep my head away from the direct line of my amp and monitors so I don’t get th3 full impact of the sound.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I wear ear plugs during rehearsal and when I play live but weirdly enough the only concert in have ever been to and work ear plus was a John Mayer concert but That was not because i wanted to protectionisme my hearing.

Synner Endless Summer Collection