• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hello, Kittens :)

Kat the metalhead

Music Theory Bragger
  • Jan 20, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    Beyond well said!! I’m so happy you and holly are doing better!! I’ve taken a break from social media and guitar videos cuz those are the things I’d focus on too much and my anxiety would go over the roof! I still play every day and just focus on my lessons with bill instead focusing on views and comments. I’m still on social media for memes and art inspiration but I could care less about posting photos or getting likes.

no joke your the one who inspired me not to give a shit about views, comments, looks or social media as a whole , even though you were struggling with these issues and I’m thankful for that. I get the feeling of giving great advice that you don’t follow yourself it’s hard.

Also we gotta find a way to chat I miss you and holly!!

iridecently

Hot Topic Tourer
  • Jun 5, 2020
    Groningen
    I am so glad to read that you are doing better ♥️ I've never actively reached out to you (because I am an anxiety-driven mess that always thinks she's bothering people) but please know that if you want to talk, I am here.

Social media is such a black hole you can lose yourself into and honestly, there is nothing social about it. People always criticise Tinder for being a superficial 'meat market', but really Instagram and other platforms are no different. I've largely stopped following people on Instagram now because of this, I'd just be comparing myself and my life to them and it just makes me feel like hot garbage. So it's just animal accounts, comics and guitar manufacturers for me now 😂

It's so important to keep track of what's real and important and not lose yourself in internet points and numbers. You got out of that hole, and as Ed said, remember how you did it, just in case you need to again ♥️

• Love
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu
    G

Gemma G.S.

I didn't see this 'cause I've been off the computer this week, but I'm glad to hear you're doing better, girl! You didn't hear from me while you were away only because I didn't want to bother you, but I definitely thought about you and hoped you were able to take some time away. And so you have! Social media can seriously suck ass, especially for those of us with anxiety. I'm so sorry you went through all that shit, but I'm genuinely glad to hear that you were able to lay down some boundaries and take some steps back. :giggle:❤️

• Love
    Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Christian Schulze

Hot Topic Tourer
    Rockstar Student
    Nov 11, 2019
    Spain
    Queen CAT!
    Feels so good to hear that you are doing better :giggle:.

As somebody that struggles with anxiety a lot, I find that the approach of being more lenient onto yourself truly helps. Instead of being our own punisher let's say, we should be more kinder. Like...well today you didn't do X, but you did Y which is equally as important. Or you rested which is also massively important.

I know diamonds are made under pressure, but goddamn nobody needs that much pressure, I rather be graphite :ROFLMAO:.

Regarding social media, it's just a lie, its bullshit. And I do believe that you severing your ties with it is great, do whatever it takes to make yourself get better and grow.

Happy to have you around here again. Much love!

Synner Endless Summer Collection