• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Help with Guitar Pro 7.5

J

Jak Angelescu

Hey everyone! My teacher wanted me to install Guitar Pro 7.5 and like a moron I thought I had it but I didn't. So I installed it. However, the files he sent me aren't getting sound. All of my volumes are up, the track isn't muted, and everything else volume wise works fine. I tried changing the audio output to my speakers instead of default but it didn't fix anything. Their website is useless. Help? Thanks so much!

Bellah83

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
Fort Worth Tx
Hey everyone! My teacher wanted me to install Guitar Pro 7.5 and like a moron I thought I had it but I didn't. So I installed it. However, the files he sent me aren't getting sound. All of my volumes are up, the track isn't muted, and everything else volume wise works fine. I tried changing the audio output to my speakers instead of default but it didn't fix anything. Their website is useless. Help? Thanks so much!
Do you currently have an audio interface plugged in?

Usually you have to go into the settings with a DAW and setup up your input and output/playback devices. I haven't used pro tools in awhile so I cant picture it. But there should be an audio interface setup somewhere in the program itself, rather than your control panel. You may have to go into your control panel and disable other audio devices too. It can be a pain on that first setup.

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Bellah83

Nov 11, 2019
Fort Worth Tx
I have guitar pro 7.5 too. It works with soundbanls to create banks so your best bet is probably to check whether you have the soundbanks available.
I read pro tools instead of GP lol.

Ids is right about the sound banks, make sure you have the real sound engine ones downloaded and installed or try clicking off the RSE option in the Sound pull down.

Reactions: Ed Seith
J

Jak Angelescu

Hm, is there a way in which you can send me the files or at least one of them? I'll give it a try because this is the first time I've heard of this error and I can't really debug it without a file :LOL:.

Okay! I'll send it your way. The weird thing is, is that in the sound settings when I hit "check", the little jingle used for testing plays fine. But the file itself doesn't. What's your email address?

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Right, so I have no sound either. There are two solutions to this:

1. use MIDI sounds - this can be obtained by selecting MIDI instead of RSE, in the right pane of Guitar Pro

1586843953216.png

No other changes are required.

2. Create a new Acoustic Guitar Track (next to Edit in the menu bar, click Track > Add > Stringed > Acoustic Guitar > Steel and the press OK). You can then copy everything from the first track into the second and it should be working properly.

This is to get you unstuck, I'm still trying to figure out exactly why you can't here anything, but it seems to be a case of missing soundbank from the RSE (Guitar Pro's Realistic Sound Engine). If I figure that out, I'll let you know exactly what needs to be done.

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Right, so an even simpler solution is the following. As Ids and others may have suspected, it's caused by a missing soundbank.

In the right pane of Guitar Pro, you should see the SOUNDS labeled area. Click on those 2 arrows, go to Acoustic > Steel > Steel Mart and select it. Afterward, make sure to click the little speaker button under the MIDI button. That should get it going.

Note that if you wish to save, it will require you to save it as a .GP file rather than a .GPX file.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Guitar pro always has an extra music bank you gotta download. Been that was since 5. The bank has what they say is realistic Instruments. But it still sounds fake to me lol. Just gotta find that pack and download it to the right spot. If you can't get that google will have the answer. I can't remember where you get the banks from but I thinknits the gp site.

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Guitar pro always has an extra music bank you gotta download. Been that was since 5. The bank has what they say is realistic Instruments. But it still sounds fake to me lol. Just gotta find that pack and download it to the right spot. If you can't get that google will have the answer. I can't remember where you get the banks from but I thinknits the gp site.

Eh, GP 7.5 does really well I feel for guitars if you tinker with it a bit. But when it comes to piano or strings and even drums sometimes, it's way WAY off :LOL:.

J

Jak Angelescu

So the midi thing helped and now I can hear the track. However, when I went to download the program initially it had a tick box that said "download sound bank?" I clicked it and downloaded it. Is there a separate one I still have to download? I have guitar pro 7.5 and I don't have a panel on the right like you're saying @Andrei Moraru

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Yes. There always is an extension. I think i remember doing the same thing on 5 and 6. And still struggled. I think they had 2 separate banks. And then I think a premium one at a cost..or used to. The one gives you the "real" sound while the other is just basic.theres a way you can use just the basic but the default always goes to the other sound bank I found. I found many issues like that with the program which was why I never kept with it. But it's a great tool to tab your stuff out to play along to.

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
    Nov 11, 2019
    Also jak..those panels are in the options menu.i believe you can open a panel up there and then drag it to a spot you want it at. That way you have what you want on the screen and you dont get up wanted panels. Atleast I could back in the other versions.

Andrew Milner

• Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    So the midi thing helped and now I can hear the track. However, when I went to download the program initially it had a tick box that said "download sound bank?" I clicked it and downloaded it. Is there a separate one I still have to download? I have guitar pro 7.5 and I don't have a panel on the right like you're saying @Andrei Moraru

There should be something there. It allows you to change the soundbank for your instrument alongside editing the track name and other track properties.