• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Help working out a song by ear?

anttofm

Free Bird Player
Dec 21, 2021
Honestly, this song might be a bit above my skill level, but I'm still trying it anyway. I'm having a bit of difficulty working out the chords being played along with figuring out the tuning the song is played in.

The band usually plays in Drop G# (7 string) and this song seems to be on clean guitar + acoustic mix. Are they using jazz voicings for this? Is it a four-note chord? Maybe someone can help shed some light for me.

Reactions: Xzavier471

OskarF

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Im doing this in standard tuning and i'm pretty sure they're tuned down (i thought a whole step but then i saw you said G# so that's probably it), so it won't sound like it's played in the song but these are the notes i'm hearing for the electric guitar part and i believe i got it down correctly:

E--0--------0---------------------
B--7------7-----------------------
G--8----8-------------------------
D--9--9----------------------------
A---------------------------------
E---------------------------------
Repeat x4

E------2--------------------------
B----0----0-----------------------
G--1----3-------------------------
D---------------------------------
Repeat x2

B----0-4-2-0---------------------
G--0------------------------------
D---------------------------------
Repeat x2

Then there's acoustic guitar and another clean electric that plays a harmony but it's really hard to tell exactly what's happening and i would probably have to spend a lot of time with it to figure it out hehe.. Fucking amazing song though, thanks for sharing it!
Hope this helps a bit with figuring the rest out :D

Upvote 0