• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

How do I stop my fingers from flying to far?

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Practice slower and with deliberate intent to keep them controlled. Only when that becomes automatic, slowly speed up. It could take days, weeks, or months.

Also, don't be too hard on yourself. There are plenty of top-tier players who move their fingers "too far away." Some even do it ONLY on pentatonic box patterns, and manage their fingers well on 3 note-per-string scale stuff.

Upvote 0

Tenn

New Student
    Mar 21, 2023
    Doing Spider Walk for warm up maybe? I do spider walk and then continue it with 5 pentatonics pattern for my daily practice. I have a tab/soundslice of it, but I'm too sleepy to search it.😅 I'll send the link tomorrow after school.
    Wow, hello kak javier, Ngga nyangka kakak bakal comment disini😁. Saya sering liat dan follow kakak main di instagram.. Terima kasih juga sudah kasih masukan 😁

• Love
    Reactions: Javier Wienarjati
    Upvote 0

Tenn

New Student
    Mar 21, 2023
    Practice slower and with deliberate intent to keep them controlled. Only when that becomes automatic, slowly speed up. It could take days, weeks, or months.

Also, don't be too hard on yourself. There are plenty of top-tier players who move their fingers "too far away." Some even do it ONLY on pentatonic box patterns, and manage their fingers well on 3 note-per-string scale stuff.
    Thank you much for input, appreciate it 😁

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection

Javier Wienarjati

Campfire Attention Holder
    Dec 7, 2021
    Indonesia
    www.instagram.com
    Wow, hello kak javier, Ngga nyangka kakak bakal comment disini😁. Saya sering liat dan follow kakak main di instagram.. Terima kasih juga sudah kasih masukan 😁
    Halo kak, it's so nice to see you here. Terimakasih sudah mengikuti progress aku. I hope you enjoy learning on Synner. People here are so nice and helpful.

Btw, ini sounslice tab warm up exercise ku. Aku kadang pakai gitar akustik/klasik juga untuk pemanasan.

Hope it helps ya. Thank you

Upvote 0