• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

I still don’t understand…

Andrew Milner

Campfire Attention Holder
  • Nov 11, 2019
    andreilucianmoraru.com
    Aa, I get it. Dueling guitars basically.

It's like this:
    1. Figure out what key/scale your song is in and figure out the notes from the scale
    2. Dueling guitars are usually done in thirds. So you have your main guitar line, and the second guitar doubles it a third up.
    3. Thirds are obtained by looking at the third ascending note from the one you're playing (which we will consider the 1st note).
    So if you're in C major, your notes are C, D, E, F, G, A, and B. So if guitar one is playing a C note, then guitar 2 should play an E note (C is the 1st note, and if you move up 2 notes, you get E). If guitar one is playing an E note, then guitar 2 should play G. If guitar 1 is playing an A note, guitar 2 should play a C note. And if guitar 1 is playing a B note, then guitar 2 should play a D note. And so on.

I hope this makes it clearer :D .

Upvote 0

Aaron_Turner

Free Bird Player
    Feb 11, 2023
    Aa, I get it. Dueling guitars basically.

It's like this:
    1. Figure out what key/scale your song is in and figure out the notes from the scale
    2. Dueling guitars are usually done in thirds. So you have your main guitar line, and the second guitar doubles it a third up.
    3. Thirds are obtained by looking at the third ascending note from the one you're playing (which we will consider the 1st note).
    So if you're in C major, your notes are C, D, E, F, G, A, and B. So if guitar one is playing a C note, then guitar 2 should play an E note (C is the 1st note, and if you move up 2 notes, you get E). If guitar one is playing an E note, then guitar 2 should play G. If guitar 1 is playing an A note, guitar 2 should play a C note. And if guitar 1 is playing a B note, then guitar 2 should play a D note. And so on.

I hope this makes it clearer :D .
    Thanks!

Upvote 0
    Synner Endless Summer Collection