• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Improve the music/guitar Knowledges without instrument

G

Hi everyone,
i’d like to have your feedback on the following subject. I’m oft on business trip and i don’t have the possibility to take my guitar with me during these times to practice but i would like to use these slots to improve my guitar “skills”.
Do you have any excercises, that you’ve done without instrument? I’ve allready thinking about ear training or music theory, something like that but i didn’t find yet some great excercises
Thanks,

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
For ear training in used the app ‘perfect ear’ other things in do while in dont have accessoires to my guitar is visualize the fretboard and tap my fingers of either hand on the table so it will make an audibLe noise to improviseren my finger
strength

Cody Kennedy

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
One thing I would do when I played cello for orchestra is I would use my right wrist as if it were the fingerboard, and I would close my eyes and visualize the neck in my mind, while imagining what sounds it was making. If you do this right it can help you with knowing your way around the neck and improvising. It can greatly improve that “feel” so many players have a hard time achieving. If you have access to a computer I’d say watch as many youtube videos about music theory, because you don’t need one specific instrument to be able to increase your understanding. Hope this helps!