• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Keep hitting my knuckles on strings?

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Idk I sometimes just git it.

I think it has something to do with the angle of your wrist and in what way you press down on the strings while playing because it happens sometimes when I'm strumming but it never happens when I do single notes.

Lucas Weiman

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
My fist is essentially closed when I play, but not balled up to where my knuckles drag, so I know what you're talking about. I would adjust the position of the pick, first by placing your thumb a little bit lower on your index finger, (where they connect to hold the pick) that way the pick sticks down a little lower than your knuckles, and at the same time you don't have to change how much of the pick is exposed out of your fingers.. You just gotta keep moving it tiny bits at a time, and once you find a place where you achieve your result, just stick with it.

Synner Endless Summer Collection