• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Lesson progress

J

Jak Angelescu

It depends on what you mean by Branch off and do your own thing. I think even the most advanced players can get something from this. I think the biggest problem is, is that there are some Advanced players that skip over the beginning lessons and they miss out on crucial things they may not have known. And then you have beginners wanting to get really good really fast so they jump up to the really advanced stuff without really knowing exactly what they’re doing. I’m not entirely sure what you mean by Branch off and do your own thing. If you mean by the aspect of not needing the guitar school anymore, I think it should be something we always will come back to 😊 as we advance as players and musicians, we will tend to forget things as time goes on. So it’s always good to have a reference spot to come back to. Could you delve into your question more?

Matt Wildman

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Liberty IN
Yeah like Jak said, I’m guilty of skipping over some of the beginner lessons(which I will go back to). Assuming you are starting from ground zero with the guitar, you could technically start branching off after you learn chords. Personally I find nothing wrong with that, but there is always things to learn (especially after learning the basics and chords). Diving into your question more may help us help you more

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
I personally only checked what the caged system actually is and found I’ve been using it for years but just did not know it was called that way. Also the circle of fifths which is basically the same story. Then i went on to do economy picking, string skipping and did one etude. So branching off is pretty much fine as long as you know the essentials(basic chords, scales etc.)
But defining your question a bit better would also help answering your question

Alec Lewis

Stairway to Heaven Tab Studier
  • Nov 11, 2019
    ok I think you all pretty much answered the question. I was kind of just asking like when should i expect to be to the level that i can write my own cool riffs and solos but going into the lessons more i can see that after the chords he does start to encourage that a bit more.