• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Looper question

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    I just got my looper pedal in the mail today. (Fame looper, mini pedal) I never used one before but I noticed that before the loop repeats there is a small pause, the light also blinks.
    It really annoys me, is this normal and should I just learn to use it or is it a malfunction?
    I haven't found anything about this via Google..

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    It sounds like you timed stepping on it at the end of your recording wrong.

I always continue playing the rhythm like I normally would to ensure I have it right. A looper really is incredible timing practice. Also a good way to practice tapping your foot while playing.

Reactions: Lindsey

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    It sounds like you timed stepping on it at the end of your recording wrong.

I always continue playing the rhythm like I normally would to ensure I have it right. A looper really is incredible timing practice. Also a good way to practice tapping your foot while playing.
    I didn't really try it out with rhythm and timing yet. There seemed to be a small delay, I couldn't find the right timing to tap it. I kept playing the rhythm too but that was a mess, even with just a simple one note beat.
    I'll upload a video of it tomorrow.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    I didn't really try it out with rhythm and timing yet. There seemed to be a small delay, I couldn't find the right timing to tap it.
    I'll upload a video of it tomorrow.
    Timing is everything with a looper though, if you don't press start and stop at the right moment you will get that little break when it repeats

Reactions: Lindsey