• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Looper question.

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    Stupid question maybe but I'm considering getting a looper pedal. I already picked one out that has everything I want but there's one thing I haven't thought of before.

Do loopers record the guitar with effects when there are other pedals in front of it, or does that vary per pedal?
    or are the loop and what you play over it using the same effect?

Lindsey

Local Dive Bar Favorite
  • Nov 16, 2019
    The Netherlands
    www.instagram.com
    My looper does include anything input in front of it. If I use a different effect after it

Basically the only effects that can be added to the recording are the ones you use after the looper in the signal chain.

Just to clarify, the looper does play the looped part with the effects in front of it, even if I turn those pedals off?

That makes sense to me. But now that I think of it the pedals after the looper will still effect the loop.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Groningen
    Just to clarify, the looper does play the looped part with the effects in front of it, even if I turn those pedals off?

That makes sense to me. But now that I think of it the pedals after the looper will still effect the loop.
    Yeah, I have my looper last in the chain. It's a recording device that saves something you put into it to it's memory until you delete it so if you record something with pedals turned on the recording you hear will always have those pedals turned on.

• Love
    Reactions: Lindsey
    Synner Endless Summer Collection