• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

My new track on Souncloud

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I like your thick tone, what are your amp controls for the beginning there?
Sometimes I write something like this, and I look back, and I hear all the notes being playing, and I think to myself, I bet these notes I play, can actually be little mini triplets up and down the scales. I can definitely hear areas here where you could probably do that, when you get to that stage. I love the melody tho, definitely doesn’t get boring at all.

Sayonil Mitra

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks Calvin. I use a Boss ME25 processor ( which is obsolete by the way) and a Vox amp with bass and treble at 40%. Then I used Audacity to tweak the tone as well ( cutting down treble and enhancing the Mids). See the following if that helps.
Preamp effect:-
Tweed
Drive amount 12
Tone amount 77
Volume amount 50.
Delay effect:-
Delay amount 50 ms
Tone amount 47
Volume amouny 56
Distortion effect:-
Metal
Drive amount 84
Tone amount 65
Volume amount 39

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Calvin Phillips

Music Theory Bragger
Nov 11, 2019
I dont have any honestly. I find some great chug rhythm beats, but all my soloing was off my grundge pedal as it gave off the most feedback. But since getting the spider V, there are so many different preset tones its unbelievable. I still use the grundge pedal tho. It’s one of my favourites.

Sayonil Mitra

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Ya. I have used it too. Its great. You also make tones and access tones online too. Found it pretty cool. Though the tones mimicking those of some classic songs like Comfortably Numb, Tender Surrender etc are not perfect