• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Neck through vs bolt on necks

Kirstin Deal

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
The one I own is a bolt on neck, and it works great for me. However, I do prefer neck through because it just feels smoother when playing higher frets, especially when sliding. I’ve personally never had a problem with bolt ons though

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I’m with Kristen! I do prefer a “neck through” but I have a couple bolt ons also.. The only time the neck joint gets in my way is if I’m trying to do a crazy stretch around the higher frets.. More of a pain than a real problem though. The added thickness just kinda makes it a bit harder and somewhat uncomfortable

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Andres Pierce

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Update: i got my bolt on avenger, so far i feel like neck through gives you more access to the higher frets whereas bolt on feels like theres a clump of wood in the palm by your thumb. Maybe its just the guitar i own, but the small restriction isnt terrible