• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

New here, and new to guitar :)

GennBot

New Student
Jul 9, 2023
Hey everyone! Just signed up recently after I learned about this site/school, of course I'm a huge Synyster fan, and I can't tell you how grateful I am that something like this exists! I tried self-teaching acoustic a while ago and it didn't go well, but my passion for learning and wanting to make music has never gone away. I'm a CVICU RN, as well as a freelance artist/illustrator. I'm always looking for new creative outlets since the ICU is a tough place and sometimes I need something more to focus my energy on. I'm a total beginner (I can restart your heart if it stops, but I can't play guitar yet to save my own life) so I would appreciate any advice/feedback as I go. I'm managing my expectations, so at this point if I can end up playing a really metal "Mary had a Little Lamb" I'll be happy. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!

-G

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat

Matt Wildcat

The Fierce Deity
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    UK
    Welcome to the Synner family! Don't worry, we got you covered with all the basics you'll need to shred Mary Had a Little Lamb in no time :cool: Please do feel free to ask any and all questions you have, we've got some awesome folks here who are more than happy to share their knowledge and advice with you, and we'd love to see how you progress! Besides, music and art can be the best way to destress, can't imagine what working in the ICU is like. Best of luck!

GennBot

New Student
    Jul 9, 2023
    Welcome to the Synner family! Don't worry, we got you covered with all the basics you'll need to shred Mary Had a Little Lamb in no time :cool: Please do feel free to ask any and all questions you have, we've got some awesome folks here who are more than happy to share their knowledge and advice with you, and we'd love to see how you progress! Besides, music and art can be the best way to destress, can't imagine what working in the ICU is like. Best of luck!
    Thanks, Matt! I'm really excited to get started!

• Love
    Reactions: Matt Wildcat

Little Laguna05

Free Bird Player
    Feb 16, 2023
    WELCOME!!

being a cancer patient of the COOVID era and having Veno-Occlusive disease from the chemotherapy treatments I was in the ICU for at least two weeks, so I can say that the ICU is not a fun place. With that being said welcome again and I would see about doing row row your boat as well too! 😀

• Love
    Reactions: GennBot

GennBot

New Student
    Jul 9, 2023
    WELCOME!!

being a cancer patient of the COOVID era and having Veno-Occlusive disease from the chemotherapy treatments I was in the ICU for at least two weeks, so I can say that the ICU is not a fun place. With that being said welcome again and I would see about doing row row your boat as well too! 😀
    Thank you! I'm so glad you got/are getting through all of that, it takes a hell of a tough person to handle it. Today is actually my one year liver transplant anniversary, I was born with Biliary atresia, so aside from being a nurse, I've become quite the hospital rat myself. That's a huge part of why I'm starting this, I feel like my life is beginning again and I want to make sure that my donor gave life to someone who's not going to take time and experience for granted. I'll keep learning and trying until the end. I wish you nothing but continued awesome health and happiness, thanks for saying hi! Row, row your boat is definitely on my list. :)

Reactions: Little Laguna05
    Synner Endless Summer Collection