• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Pain on my fingers

Matt Wildman

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Liberty IN
Owwie! Well for now try not to make it any worse than it is and maybe put some type of creme on it like gasoline or something to get it to heal if your fingertips are cracked. Maybe you need to change strings?(as they can get sharp after time and use). Or you may be pressing down too hard on the fret board like I do sometimes

Josh Wright

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
Gasoline will certainly make the pain go away after a long time 😂. Vaseline will help, the other thing is it just takes time. There are times when I completely rip off a calous and it hurts for days but I have to build it back up.

D K

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Belgium
What kind of pain is this exactly? Is it pain in the joints of your fingers or is it more like pain on skin of your finger tips? If it is the latter, this will probably go away eventually. When I start learning new songs with a lot of bends and vibrato, my fingertips can get sore from intensive practice. But the pain goes away after some rest and when I get used to playing it.

Synner Endless Summer Collection
J

Jak Angelescu

Matt that was the funniest autocorrect error ever! When I read your thing I knew what you meant to say but I just literally busted out laughing because your response to your own error was just priceless! There are numerous reasons why your fingers could hurt. But ultimately if you have any type of pain, you need to stop. I agree with what DK said, you need to let us know what kind of pain it is and where it is and we can help you more thoroughly 🙂 if it’s in the tips of your fingers, it could be numerous things. Sometimes when I would play on an acoustic the bone tips of my fingers would hurt really badly after even a little bit. Unfortunately it’s just something you got to toughen up, same thing with calluses. However you can also play on lighter gauge strings for the time being and that might help. It’s always going to be normal to get sore after playing for long periods of time, but if there’s actual any pain that physically hurts you need to stop and reevaluate your Technique.

idssdi

Sold-out Crowd Surfer
Nov 11, 2019
Groningen
Well it really depends on what kinda pain your experiencing. If it is just blisters and stuff like that you will develop calluses over time that make the pain go away. If it is in your joints it is something else (maybe not warming up properly or something like that)