• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Painful?

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I have been playing 6 years and I have never felt this way before. I am having a pain in my hand as well as in my arms as if I am lifting weights nonstop with both. Do I need to stop for a bit? More importantly do I actually have to be in shape to play guitar xD.

TheMighty Jambi

Campfire Attention Holder
Nov 11, 2019
I think just like any workout you need to give the muscles time to heal. It’s a good sign though. Just don’t overdue it is all.
For me I like the pain and burn. I’ll always say if you don’t feel it burning it’s not working. Obviously don’t overdue it. Always good to give the fingers, hands, and forearms a rest.

Zé Marques

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Are you playing with the same techniques that papa gates teaches? If so, it could mean that you are maybe working muscles that you have never worked. That is good. But remember, if it hurts too much, it is best to stop for a moment. (didi you get it? English is not my main language so I hope I made myself clear)

Julian Barton

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Yes I did Ze and thanks guys I think I am gonna stop for the day tomorrow and catch up on homework.and yes Jambi I have been using my pinkie heavily for a riff I can’t seem to get and it is hurting my hand haha I guess that is weakness leaving the hand.

Zachary Yates

New Student
Nov 11, 2019
I’ve pushed through a lot of pain myself too, but sometimes if we are tense or nervous about a new skill we can find ourselves squeezing harder than necessary until it becomes comfortable. Minor adjustments improving form can save our hands a lot of soreness. If you find your hands getting painfully sore consider a break and stretch those fingers out, try finding the lightest squeeze to obtain the fullest tone and get used to that amount of pressure. Your hands will be able to last much longer performing if you use only as much effort as necessary.

Synner Endless Summer Collection