• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

phone app for guitar effects

Matt Wildman

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
Liberty IN
I’ve heard of people downloading apps on their phones for guitar effects that you can somehow plug into your amp and play your guitar using the effects that are on the app. Maybe there isn’t such a thing but i heard about it and was interested. So any app suggestions that you guys have used?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Jake Young

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
I used to use Amplitube quite a bit when I was touring..it’s pretty awesome for what it is! Never ran it though an amp though. You hook up to it using an “iRig”. I keep hearing and seeing a lot about “Tonebridge” but I’ve never used it and I’m not quite sure how it works?

Synner Endless Summer Collection

Tory Capman

One Stringer
Nov 11, 2019
Definitely check out Tonebridge! It’s made by Ultimate Guitar and might be the best free software for mobile device effects. I don’t use it much because I have a modeling amp with plenty on it… But for travel, you can’t beat it! Headphones and a device to plug into instead of bringing an amp and all your effects