• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Recording my own songs

Synner Endless Summer Collection

John Tierney

Free Bird Player
Nov 11, 2019
How does one make their own song. I’m trying to go that route but not sure how to get it to sound unique usually I deliver it sounding similar (lyrics). Doing the music part I struggle with that a bit too. Any advice (first time trying this)

Ed Seith

Supreme Galactic Overlord
Staff member
Legend+
  • Nov 11, 2019
    Marana, AZ USA
    soundcloud.com
    Absolutely! I’d also recommend exporting the GP file’s individual instruments to MIDI, and using a program like EZDrummer to make the drums sound more realistic, but that involves cost and learning – but do take that as a takeaway. I did this song that way (this was a REALLY fast kamikaze thing – written on the fly while I was recording, with minimal passes – Idea to finished in less than 12 hours.
    https://edseith.bandcamp.com/track/stream-of-unconsciousness
    You can do a lot of really great, near-professional sounding work at home with minimal equipment investment if you take your time and learn the craft. Good luck!

Synner Endless Summer Collection